Butler Freight Services Extra (BFS Extra) is privately owned by local families with a long history of being at the forefront of Melbourne wharf transport and we’d like to think we have an unsurpassed passion and commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
We are proud to have recently acquired the Extra transport business (February 2017) resulting in BFS Extra now being one of the largest wharf transport operators in Australia. While this provides us with scale our key focus on customer service and ability to build long term business partnerships remain ever present.
Our two operational facilities encompass:
- our highly efficient West Melbourne wharf facility located 300m from the wharf and handling in excess of 110,000 TEU per annum and
- our 11,000 sqm Tottenham warehouse facility.
Our fleet utilises approximately 140 prime movers per day and comprises combinations of 15 Super B -Doubles, 20 B-Doubles, 16 Sideloaders, over 80 retractable skels, tautliners and in excess of 110 general trailer combinations.
See Butler Freight Services in action
Industry reknowned best-in-class technology
BFS Extra provides its own in house wharf management IT solution. The EXTRANS system supports all operational and customer service staff in their day to day operating requirements and is the absolute envy of the industry.
Specifically the system provides for the following:
- Easy to use web based booking and scheduling functionality available to all BFS Extra customers
- Provides customers with complete visibility and control
- EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) capabilities provides the ability to automatically upload job bookings from the customer’s platform (BSM) as well as customised solutions for delivering data back to the customer
- On-line visibility of scanned POD and supporting documentation
- Extensive range of automated and targeted reporting delivered via email including daily timeslot booking notifications, electronic pre-alerts and statements
- Large range of KPI reporting highlighting timeframes for every key step in your supply chain
- Integration with the industry standard 1-Stop and Container Chain portal’s provide up to date information on all vessel and terminal data
Great communication and follow through from the Butler Team. Your professional involvement and availability ensures success for both our businesses. The turnaround of both container de-hire and product deliveries is second to none. Great job all round and a big thank you to you all.
Over the few years I’ve have been dealing with Butlers you guys have always been willing to help and have done a fantastic job for us. Yourself (Helen – LCL Cartage Team), Paul (Group Operations Manager), all the staff and the drivers at Butlers are doing a great job and it doesn’t go un-noticed, we at Melrose\Orchard thank you
Don't Be Shy
Drop us a line anytime, and one of our customer service reps will respond to you as soon as possible.